This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 8 December 2019

Boboli - stage 1

This is the other monochrome that I am working on in conjunction with "Waiting". Both are using the same paint mix, both are hopefully going to look pretty moody and subdued. I have plans for the sky on this one but you will see what I'm aiming for on the next stage.
All these monochromes are influenced by the black and white photography from the early years of the last century when the photographers worked on the print to such an extent that they are really half painted. Although I was aiming for something different I am following this diversion of more photographic painting for a while longer to see if it bears fruit before getting on with my original intentions!
Boboli refers to the Boboli Gardens above Florence where this painting is located.
A mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin applied with a flat brush and a small bristle brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment