This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 13 August 2019

Jet - stage 1

I painted this location before a number of years ago and called it "Main Street". This one is from the opposite viewpoint but still keeps the vapour trail and the red foreground building. This is another in my Roadside Apocalypse series with more overt references to the Cold War with the vapour trail and the storm cloud looking more like a nuclear explosion in the distance. I will write all this up properly in another post about the series itself.
I am working larger this time, 30" x 20" as I feel I need larger pictures in the series for possible gallery interest etc. This is the tonal underpainting stage which I "drew" up first with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin. When this was dry I added the tone with a rag using the same paint mix. I think it will need another addition of tone tomorrow before I proceed to colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment