This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 6 August 2019

Ice - stage 1

While "Adult Books" dries ready to be scanned for posting up I have got on with another Roadside America painting, "Ice", the location of which is in Vaughn New Mexico. I'm looking back on earlier ones in this series and can actually see some improvement for a change. I think the trick is to go for run-down buildings and locations and paint them more broken up and less accurately to the reference and then ramp up the atmosphere with skies and lighting.
There was an earlier painting called "Ice" which is now renamed "Ice 2"!
This stage was first "drawn" up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin in this morning's session and then I applied the same paint mix with a rag and Flat brush this afternoon for the tonal underpainting.
Oil on linen 20" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment