This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 14 July 2019

Dawn of the Hamadryad - stage 8

Superficially this doesn't look much different to the last post but in fact I have been working all over the picture and no area is as yet finished. I am essentially making this up as I go along (apart from the figure reference) so progress is a little slower after the quickly put in earlier stages.
Incidentally this idea of the tree spirit was one of the alternative ideas I put to Pat and Jeannie Wilshire for the IX Commission. They went for the landscape "The Dark Citadel" which can be seen in earlier posts but they liked this idea as well and encouraged me to paint this too. Hopefully I will be bringing this to show at IX in October if it works out OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment