This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Oliver's Island Winter Storm - stage 1

Before getting on with "Dawn Of The Hamadryad" I fancy getting away from twigs and branches for a while and will be painting a short series of the same location under different lighting conditions and weather. I have chosen Oliver's Island on the River Thames of which I have already painted the first a few months ago and have retitled it to "Oliver's Island Late Dusk". I have chosen a London location (it's an island or Ait near Strand On The Green in West London) with one eye on the upcoming Royal Institute Of Oil Painters juried exhibition at the Mall Galleries for which I will enter these if they work out OK. The theme of the show is "London".
This first tonal underpainting stage was "drawn" up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and Lukas Number 5 Medium so that it would be dry for the afternoon session when I put in the tones with a rag and flat brush using the same paint mix but without the Lukas Number 5 Medium.

Oliver's Island Late Dusk

No comments:

Post a Comment