This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Siren of the Evening Star

The latest in this series of "Sky" paintings, "Siren of the Evening Star" is very much just about the sky. I had a certain time of day that I wanted to set it in which made the mood more important to me than the content in a way. In fact the narrative contents of the painting are kept very small making the placement of them very important by using the Rule of Thirds in that the figure and ship are a third of the way in from each side forming a triangle with the centrally placed star (Venus). I always envisioned the distant large cloud on the horizon as the brightest part of the painting in terms of the actual design of the picture, being approximately a third in from the bottom and left sides. This placement also helps to draw the eye towards the ship on the horizon.
The model for the mermaid is as usual, the lovely Naomi Wood.
This is another painting that I hope to take to IX in October. There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.
30" x 20" Oil on linen.

No comments:

Post a Comment