This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 5 July 2015

Munday

Munday is a small town in Texas I came across and chose this scene for another of my Roadside America paintings. I decided again to use two basic blocks of colour as the design for the painting, the complementaries red/orange - green/blue. I think that keeping the picture free of any humans or cars, together with the threatening sky give these paintings a kind of eerie surreality. Oil on canvas  19 3/4" x 19 3/4". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Agree with the eerie - what are those shadows on the right? Very three dimensional, I can travel into the painting and drive down the road on the left. Could be the cover of a Lee Child novel or a 1950's sci-fi film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shadows on the right are up to you!.......the shadows in most of these Roadside America paintings hold some sort of threat. Interesting that you pick up on the 1950s SF feel as I have a running subtext through all these paintings of The Cold War era....

    ReplyDelete