This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 20 July 2015

Cuckmere Meanders To Seaford Head sold

A painting of one of my favourite landscapes, the area where the Cuckmere river nears the sea on the South Coast of the UK, has just been sold by the Llewellyn Alexander gallery in London. This was a landscape format version of a square format painting called Cuckmere Haven which is available as a giclée print from this blog.

5 comments:

  1. I am now the proud owner of this beautiful art work. We hung it today, having pondered for a couple of weeks on where it should go. I am gazing at it now and absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! I rarely find out who the buyer was if a gallery sells a painting. How did you come across my work, in the gallery or on the internet?Do you know this area? I love painting around here, there is another great view of the Cuckmere from a vantage point called High and Over which is owned by the National Trust, I have done some paintings from there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work near the gallery and often visit, and have bought a few paintings from there. I saw your painting some time ago and it stuck in my mind. I went back recently to see if there was anything I might like in this year's 'Not the Royal Academy' exhibition. I still had your painting in my mind but it wasn't on the wall. I asked if they'd sold it. They got it out for me and I decided it was coming home with me. I've been to Seven Sisters Country Park a few times and it's a lovely place. The reason I fell for your painting was the composition, I love the wide angle perspective of it, and the sun on the water. It's almost hypnotic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful landscape to paint, the meanders of the river cutting through the valley has an almost abstract quality. I'm glad you like the composition, I use a wide-angle viewpoint quite a lot as it suits landscapes so well. It was published in the October 2012 issue of International Artist magazine as a finalist in their Seascapes, Rivers and Lakes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete