This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Sun Prairie - stage 1

Finally able to start another painting after a week away from the studio. I came across this collection of buildings on the outskirts of a small town in Wisconsin called Sun Prairie, the reason why they are interesting is that they are in the primary colours of red, yellow and blue and I think it would be interesting to set them against a dark, stormy sky. I am thinking this time to set these primaries against a more neutral sky colour, not sure yet, it might be that I use a dark purple/blue.....I will decide tomorrow. This was first "drawn up" with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and Lukas Number 5 Medium in the morning which was then dry enough by the afternoon to put down a tonal underpainting with a rag using the same colours thinned with turpentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment