This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 8 June 2015

Idalou - stage 1

Idalou is way out in the boonies of the Texas Panhandle and is a follow-on from the previous painting "Sun Prairie" whereby I am going to make the sky the dominant theme of the painting to try and get across the isolation of the farmhouse in the surrounding landscape. The first stage was to "draw" it up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and Lukas Number 5 Medium so that it would be dry for the afternoon painting session. Stage 2 was to put down a tonal underpainting with a rag and brush using some yellow and orange mixes thinned with Liquin and turpentine.


No comments:

Post a Comment