This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 6 September 2014

Moonlight Encampment - stage 1

This is just a small painting to get on with while I get things ready for Illuxcon which I am hoping to finish in time to bring along as an unframed painting for sale to put on the table. My plan is to take it over in my hand luggage in a bag as it is easily small enough. The painting is of the Taj Mahal mostly in silhouette with a moonlit sky behind it, a boat is drawn up to the river's edge, a small group of people   sit around a fire on the shore, an orange glow from the firelight complementing the blue in the sky. This is my usual wash-in with a rag using a mixture of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and turpentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment