This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 8 April 2013

A Sidestreet In Madurai - stage 5

OK pretty much finished the walls nearest to the viewer and have made a start on the shrine. I'm hopefully using things I have learned from all those two-day paintings (one of the reasons why I do them) as this will be a relatively busy and complicated picture and I don't want to paint it too tight but keep the brushwork relatively loose over the whole painting. I still have the problem of making the shrine "sit" in the setting without looking separate from it or from dominating it due to it's vibrant colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment