This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 6 April 2012

Florence from Giardino Bardini - Third day

Change of plan. I have decided that it will be a more interesting picture if I don't have loads of misty lights all over the city but leave it shrouded in mist which gives it a more timeless feel and not so literal as to how it would possibly look. Apart from the fact that the mid-ground bridge is modern (the Nazi's blew up all the bridges apart from the Ponte Vecchio in the Second World War), this could be Florence hundreds of years ago. I think that also this keeps the mysterious quality that the early states of this painting had. The lightest part of the painting will now be the reflections of moonlight near the bridge (Ponte alle Grazie) on the River Arno.

No comments:

Post a Comment