This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Florence from Giardino Bardini - Finished

I have tried to convey a moonlit night with Florence shrouded in mist, the only highlight being the reflection of the moon in the river near the bridge. I originally planned to have many lights coming through the mist in the city but I decided that it would be much more interesting and mysterious if there were no lights at all, giving it a more timeless quality in that this could be a view as if it was hundreds of years ago, the skyline essentially not having changed much since the rule of the Medici. In the end I opted for just one light in a nearby window to maximise the use of the blue/orange complementary axis.

No comments:

Post a Comment