This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 10 December 2023

End of the Line - stage 1


I am now getting on with some paintings away from Imaginative Realism/Fantasy and directed to my Fine Art gallery work. The earlier Star Wars painting "Binary Sunset" gave me the idea for some widescreen American landscapes as I think the format will really suit them. They will probably be added to my "The Big Sky" series unless I choose a specific series title for them later on. I am also continuing the theme of a single light source within a nocturne that I have been working with for some time particularly the Orientalist and The Sleeping City pictures - one aspect of my work informs the other.

Although it is set in a Utah/Desert South West landscape this place does not exist and has been assembled from disparate reference and the imagination to get across a certain feeling/mood...

This is the beginning of the tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with brushes and a rag.

Oil on canvas 39" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment