This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 1 October 2023

Artists & Illustrators magazine


 I have a six page feature in the new (November) issue of Artists & Illustrators magazine in their "How I work in the studio" section. The Assistant Editor contacted me about six weeks ago with a view to doing a three page feature but it then changed to a six page one with me suggesting that it focused on my nocturne paintings. She gave me twenty questions to answer generally about my studio practice and background and then she edited them together. She asked me for a dozen or so paintings to choose from for which I supplied the hi res files and I'm pleased to see that the colours and contrast etc are well reproduced in the final printing. 

I have written about ten or so articles for the magazine over the years but have not heard from them in recent years and assumed the contact was dead as a new editor had taken over so it was a nice surprise when they contacted me particularly as I was having a difficult time with a medical problem.





No comments:

Post a Comment