This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 30 December 2021

Pump Jacks - stage 1


 I was planning to do a large painting next but I haven't come up with a subject and treatment that I am happy with yet so I thought that I would get on with another Roadside America/The Big Sky painting as I get a bit twitchy when I'm not painting something. There will be a point soon when I show some of these to some USA galleries to see if any of them are interested in representing me although I do have a connection with a gallery in Denver CO so I will show them the new work as well.

The location for this is somewhere near Hagerman in Texas although as usual it will be the sky and the mood that the painting is more about. The ground is painted with my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet and the sky colour is a mix of Permanent Orange and Warm Light Yellow.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment