This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 26 September 2021

Station Red - stage 1


 OK that's it for Fantasy for a while, I feel a need to try some new things aimed more at the gallery market. I normally do this at the beginning of the year but...

I have gone back to one of my favourite subjects, disused or run down petrol (gas) stations. I kind of know what I want to do with this but I have so many competing things I want to try that it is difficult narrowing down what I want to do with this one. I know it will be about a strong design and colour but also want to knock it all back with semi-transparent glazes which could turn out to be a mess but I'm sure I'll learn a lot from it!

This is the tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet but this time with Alizarin Crimson too as I am planning this picture to be about red, a colour that I love to use but have been unable so far to come up with something satisfying yet.

Oil on mdf 18 1/2" x 18 1/2".

No comments:

Post a Comment