This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 14 September 2021

Jalan Jalan


 I have recently put together a book of my photographs of Bali in the 1980s and 90s. I went to a lot of effort and indeed expense to get them as in those days I was pretty obsessed with the island and it's culture, managing to get there six times between 1986 and 2005. The photos from the 80s show Bali as still a relatively quiet place (at least in the Ubud area where I always stayed) and I am hoping that these photographs will be of interest to people who are interested in how it was before the tourist development that has happened since although you could also say that it shows a timeless Bali too, the culture staying the same as it has for centuries. It has been written for people that have some knowledge of the island and it's culture and I have included Balinese names and terms when appropriate.

 I have now received the copies of "Jalan Jalan" from the printers and am in the position of taking orders from anybody that may be interested in buying one. It is an 84 page softback book full colour throughout A4 format with seven chapters that cover the landscape, people, offerings, and ceremonies with a small section at the end of my paintings and drawings that resulted from those trips. 

The book costs £15.00. These are the prices including post and packing:

UK   £20.00

EU   £24.00  (new EU VAT rules may mean the recipient having to pay 20% local VAT tax. I always mark them as a             "Gift" but sometimes the Customs ignore this)

USA   £33.00

Australia   £31.00

Indonesia   £32.00


 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment