This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 28 November 2020

The Star of Night


 I came across the title while searching through a Dictionary of Symbols about the Moon and thought that would be a nice title. This is the fifth of a series of Tonalist paintings of the Brighton/Hove seafront near to where I live, this location being at the junction of Grand Avenue and the seafront. All these paintings will hopefully mean something to anybody that has taken a walk along the Brighton/Hove seafront at night although the main focus of the paintings is the light, colour and mood with the location actually being secondary. 

It's nice to be working on square format again after a number of years of the more normal rectangular format and when the art materials shop opens after the lockdown I will be looking to stock up with some more.

Oil on canvas 23 1/2" x 23 1/2".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including the colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment