This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 3 September 2020

Ayasofya - stages 2 & 3


 Please note I am now using the Turkish spelling for the Hagia Sophia Mosque in Istanbul. 

Stage 2 was a second pass on the tonal underpainting in this morning's session to give me a better idea of what I'm intending to do with this one. I used the same paint mix as yesterday.

Stage 3 was the first colour pass on the sky in this afternoon's session. As you can now see this will be a tonalist night painting and I'm hoping to keep the colours subtle, in fact I was surprised when adding Ultramarine Violet helped to tone down the sky which was looking too colourful. I might decide to kill the saturation a bit more, I will decide over my breakfast coffee tomorrow morning. Colours used were: Prussian Blue, Ultramarine Violet, Phthalocyanine Turquoise, Emerald Green, Permanent Orange, Lead Tin Yellow Lemon, Naples Yellow and Zinc White.



No comments:

Post a Comment