This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 2 September 2020

Agia Sophia - stage 1


 I'm leaving the foliage for a while as they have not gone to plan and need to regroup on that theme. Instead I'm getting on with a Tonalist Orientalist (!) painting of the Agia Sophia Mosque in Istanbul which has been in the news recently when President Erdogan decided it was to revert back to a mosque after having been a museum since the days of Ataturk.

This is kind of a comfort zone after a couple of paintings not working out and am looking forward to getting some colour down on it, maybe tomorrow afternoon. Tonalist and moody is the plan...

This is the first pass on the tonal underpainting using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin. Oil on linen 22" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment