This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 4 April 2020

Skyline

Still avoiding ominous skies this one sees me dipping my toes into Americana which I usually try to avoid but the subject matter of a run down motel seemed to suit the kind of evening sky that I had in mind. Although potentially the subject is the motel the picture is really about the sky and with this one I was pleased to get that glow near the horizon that I wanted. Originally I was going to have some tail lights of a few cars on the road but decided to leave them out as it helped the atmosphere.
I am in a bit of a quandary about The Big Sky paintings. They started with ominous clouds above deserted urban landscapes and then natural landscapes but I'm wondering if this is going to remind people of the Covid 19 lock downs and when things get back to "normal" they might want to not be reminded of this at all! Or will potential buyers relate to these paintings as a personal memory of the times we are going through at the moment..... it could go either way.
Oil on linen 20" x 16".
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment