This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 12 February 2020

Magic Night and The Lost Cathedral sold

Magic Night
A good friend and his wife have bought two paintings, "Magic Night" and "The Lost Cathedral". 
"Magic Night" started life as plein air painting on mdf board the location being near Isfield in Sussex UK. Originally a daytime painting when I got back to the studio I thought that I would change it to a night time picture so I darkened areas and put in a full moon in the sky. Then a few years later I decided to give it a more magical feeling so I darkened it a bit more and added a trail of tiny green lights in the middle distance field hoping to suggest the possibility that there could be fairy folk around.
"The Lost Cathedral" is a nod to Caspar David Friedrich, the title being a nod to a piece similarly named by Debussy called "The Engulfed Cathedral".

The Lost Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment