This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 27 February 2020

General Store - stage 1

It's now time to get back to some "The Big Sky" paintings again as I escape the Stygian gloom of "Vampires Of Venice". Actually this one is a bit of cross-pollination between the recent monochromes I have been painting and the American landscapes where I had the land in virtual monochrome set against a colour sky. "General Store" will have the landscape in shadow like previous ones but both the land and the sky will be painted in full colour using opaque paints. The location is in the Death Valley area of California and I like the idea of a General Store seemingly in the middle of nowhere... which it is.
This stage was painted with a small bristle brush and a rag using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet (Dioxazine) thinned with Liquin. I think I am going to base it around a Violet/Yellow complementary but I might change my mind over tomorrow morning's coffee when I assess it with fresh eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment