This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 19 November 2017

Sentinel - stages 2 & 3

Stage 2
On my return to the studio yesterday I painted in the basic shapes of the lone Scots Pine tree and darkened the sky with the previous mix of Raw Umber, Transparent Maroon, and Alizarin Crimson mixed with Liquin and turpentine.
Today I was able to paint in the sky and clouds as well as pretty much finishing the tree as far as where the roots start. I used mixes of Raw Umber, Zinc White, Ultramarine Blue, Raw Sienna and Lemon Yellow for the sky area. At this point I decided to stop as I need to think about how I'm going to tackle the bottom part of the painting, such as how much different colour should be introduced or should I keep the whole thing moving between browns and blues for instance.

Stage 3

No comments:

Post a Comment