This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 16 November 2017

Sentinel - stage 1

After recovering from Illuxcon and the lack of sales I am getting on with something different that has been been bubbling away in the background for while and that was rekindled when looking at the work of Julie Bell who was exhibiting at Illuxcon. This is just a trial and is only the first stage, it may need more variety of colour for instance but I will paint in the lone Scots Pine when I return to the studio on Saturday. It is then a question of painting in the clouds which will be soft and nebulous and sorting out the foreground textures etc.
This stage was "drawn" in with some battered bristle brushes using a mix of Alizarin Crimson, Transparent Maroon and Raw Umber thinned with Liquin and turpentine. The sky was put in with a rag using the same mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment