This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 21 July 2014

Arrival Of The Concubines - stage 2

Looking at the work of Atkinson Grimshaw I conclude that he must have done a lot of glazing to get the richness of colour so I have resolved to do some on this. After I have finished the transitions around the moon I will glaze some mix of Prussian Blue over the deliberately warm colour that I applied today on the rest of the sky - hopefully a cold blue over a warm greenish underpainting will produce a nice effect. The sky will be darker than this, hopefully richer in colour with a dazzling light effect on the moon. I can't really put the water in yet as until the sky is finished I don't know what light and colour it will be reflecting. There will be a warm orange glow in the jetty pavilion and a few lights on the shore and city - a complementary colour axis that the painting is based on, Red/Orange - Blue/Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment