This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 20 July 2014

Arrival Of The Concubines - stage 1

I regret that I gave up on "Lonely Street" yesterday! I just didn't like it and I decided to cut my losses and start another painting, they can't all work out. I think it should have been a virtually monochrome tonal painting and the addition of colour just confused the composition - maybe I will come back to it one day and see if I can rescue it.
This painting, "Arrival Of The Concubines" will be all about atmosphere, a moonlit Orientalist picture of a boat arriving at a landing jetty with a version of Istanbul in the background. Hopefully an Orientalist Atkinson Grimshaw. This is the usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and turpentine applied with a rag on linen (something I rarely paint on).

No comments:

Post a Comment