This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Streets Are Paved With Gold

I wanted to paint something more contemporary after the last Orientalist painting that was the nearest I want to go to what could be called a more traditional Fantasy style. I thought that it would be nice to use the upright panoramic format on an American street scene although the point of the painting as with so many of my pictures is really just about colour and atmosphere. I don't think this will go to Illuxcon as there is not enough of a Fantasy content to it so this will go for sale in a UK fine art gallery. I have used a lot more transparent paint as well as Zinc White in the mixes and have happily got away from a "chalky"look to the colours and therefore to me has more impact through better contrast. Oil on canvas 11 3/4" x 31 1/2". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting on previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment