This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 21 April 2014

Streets Are Paved With Gold - stage 1

I feel I need to move away from a more straightforward Fantasy style and content and get back to something more contemporary, an American street scene. I have opted for an upright panoramic format as it will complement the design of the picture, the whole composition is about the reflection of golden sunlight that will track vertically down from the sun that will be positioned above the pavement on the right where there will be the silhouette of a woman in the distance. The traffic lights will offer scope for some nice red or green reflections that will track down the left. It will be the colours that should connect with the current fantasy thread of work that I am undertaking for exhibition at Illuxcon later in the year as I intend to use a certain combination of pink/purple and yellow/orange that I came across in the last painting. I have to be away from Tuesday to Friday this week so unless I can get some work done tomorrow morning the next time I will be able to work on it again will be on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment