This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 15 February 2014

Pool Of The Naiad

A Naiad (water nymph) puts her hand into the pool at the bottom of a waterfall; is she in contact with something/one below the water or maybe catching a fish or just playing with the water? That's up to the viewer. In terms of design, I wanted everything in the bottom two thirds of the picture to be tonally similar to contrast with the top third in sunlight, the lower part to suggest another world perhaps an underworld inhabited by nymphs and other spirits. There is a nod to Maxfield Parrish with the flowers in the urn with everything again painted soft to give an impression of a Dream World. This is a painting that I will consider taking to Illuxcon in September. 11 3/4" x 31 1/2" oil on canvas. There is a step-by-step series of posts on this blog to show the progress through the various stages of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment