This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 12 April 2013

A Sidestreet In Madurai

The second painting of my somewhat truncated and problematical trip to India last year. I have deliberately kept it busy (actually the sidestreets in Madurai are much more chaotic) and colourful to try and get across the visual impact that India has. I have noticed that there are a number of artists including Ken Howard that have been painting India so I am hoping that after a number of abortive attempts at selling paintings of "exotic" places that I am finally in the Zeitgeist and will paint some more and then approach some galleries (and maybe enter some competitions) with them. I feel that I have moved on a bit in how I am painting these days, mainly thanks to the small two-day paintings that got me working looser and faster. The next one I think will be a scene of chaos in the rush hour (all the day I reckon), probably from the back of a bicycle rickshaw. 18" x 36" oil on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment