This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 20 March 2024

Dawn Fortress - stage 1


 This is kind of a study for a forthcoming larger painting in my "Point Of Light" series. I have realised that I need to get some paintings done for upcoming Every Day Original slots as well as needing work to take to IX in October. It looks like I will be exhibiting the Point Of Light paintings at the Abend Gallery in Denver CO early next year and need about 15 for the show and have done 5 so far so I need to press on with both directions at the same time...

This will have an interesting light and colour to it which I will carry over to the larger painting but need to try my hand at painting water first so this is where I will start. This could be an old Crusader castle taken over by the Ottoman Turks who have built a mosque in it and is probably located on the coast of Turkey... not that this ever existed as it is of course a fantasy....

This is the tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and flat brushes.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment