This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 1 December 2023

Ganges Sunrise

 


This was originally going to use the same colours and mood as my previous painting "Binary Sunset" but once I had gave it the the first colour pass I liked how the colours were working so I changed my mind and made it warmer and mistier. It is based on a memory of getting up before dawn and going down to the ghats by the Ganges at Varanasi (Benares) and watching the sunrise from a boat on the river, one of those memories that will never disappear...

A tip:  the lightest part of any of my paintings is using the white of the canvas being seen through transparent glazes or in the this case the white of the canvas itself. The sky around the sun was painted in glazes so that one colour shines through the colour above it.


Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment