This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 30 December 2023

End Of The Line


 I actually finished this a few days ago but delayed posting until after the Christmas period. The earlier Star Wars painting "Binary Sunset" gave me the idea for some more widescreen landscape paintings but this time directed towards my gallery work. I have settled on doing a series of widescreen American landscapes as it is an ideal format for getting across the vast spaces that can be found across the country. They will also incorporate the theme of a single light source within a nocturne setting, something that I have been pursuing in my Orientalist work - one aspect of my work informs the other. I can also see that I could develop a metaphorical sub-theme of a more profound nature in this series which at the moment is tentatively titled "American Vista".... I do however want to avoid pretentiousness so I am holding back at the moment as to what it is and will give it some more thought as to how to describe it.

Although this is set in a Utah/Desert South West landscape this location does not exist and is a mix of real and imagined elements assembled from disparate reference and imagination.

Oil on canvas 39" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment