This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 6 May 2022

Shinrin Taisha - stage 5


 Progress has been slow recently partly due to ongoing commitments away from the studio and partly because I couldn't decide on how to paint the foreground and shrine. After trying out a few different colour combinations and then rubbing them off as they didn't work I have settled on using three different glaze colours, the original Sienna/Violet mix, a subdued green/blue mix and a more greener green/blue mix - using one colour for all of it was too monochrome and boring. I have made a start but left it there so that I can ponder over it tomorrow morning over my breakfast coffee and get it all clear in my head as to how to proceed.

Colours used: Prussian Blue, Ultramarine Violet. Winsor Violet, Permanent Sap Green, Phthalocyanine Green, Permanent Orange, Lemon Yellow and Zinc White.

No comments:

Post a Comment