This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 8 January 2022

Groceries - stage 1


 I have been thinking about working larger for a while now but haven't found the right subject yet. This one is at least 30" x 20" so it's a start....

I'm hoping to get a more painterly feel to this one so hopefully I won't be tempted to paint it too tight. A low Winter sun is hitting a broken down grocery store in New Mexico to which end I have used two colours for the tonal underpainting, my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin for the shadow areas and Transparent Maroon, a Winsor & Newton colour for where the sunlight falls - the idea of using two colours came to me last night just before I went to bed.

Oil on linen 30" x 20".

No comments:

Post a Comment