This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 26 January 2022

A Perfect Day


 I have decided to expand the scope of my The Big Sky/Roadside America series to include the return of themes that I was working on ten years ago, in this case the threatening shadow which had made an appearance in the previous painting "Groceries". I chose a comfortable suburban setting, the location being a housing area that I remembered seeing in a city called Bowie in Maryland when I was staying with a couple of lovely art collectors who lived in the area.

I was after the contrast between the suburban house on a lovely sunny day and the threatening shadow looming towards it from an unknown source - it's not a tree or a normal shaped building so what is it? And those trees in the background, they look a bit dark and foreboding? Maybe things are not so hunky dory as the setting would indicate. As usual I'm not entirely happy with the painting but this will have to do for this one...

There are number of themes that run through this series which I will elucidate in due time.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including the colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment