This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 1 October 2021

Station Red


 OK I am giving Fantasy a rest for a little bit as I go into a period of trying things out which I normally do in the early months of the year. I have quite a few things I want to try and this one didn't turn out as I was intending because I was trying to combine a few ideas of what I wanted in the same painting which didn't work together so I let it go the way it wanted to and I think it's OK for what it is. For starters the sky didn't come out in terms of what I was looking for so the next painting will just concentrate on getting that right before I go onto other things.

This one returns to a favourite theme, the run down petrol (gas) station. I am always drawn to painting the American landscape, there is something about the scale of it that I find interesting as opposed to generally speaking my own landscape in the UK (although I do have a soft spot for the Cuckmere Haven area near me), also it might be influenced by watching all those movies and TV series over the years since childhood that makes it so familiar.

Oil on birch plywood 18 1/2" x 18 1/2".

There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment