This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 4 November 2020

The Lost City - stage 1


 I am painting this as an alternative one to put up on the Every Day Original page on the 13th of this month. It's another Islamic-style city like "The Endless City" but this one has been deserted as it is engulfed by waves of sand. Planning on keeping the colours warm, probably based on oranges and violets although the final decision will be made over tomorrow morning's breakfast coffee...

This is the first tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and applied with a small bristle brush and a rag. I will run another coat over the land before I start the first colour pass on the sky tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment