This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 18 October 2020

Street Corner Blues


 I didn't post any progress photos of this painting as it was a commission and I think the person that commissioned it should see it first before anybody else. A very nice French lady from London wanted this painted as a present to her boyfriend and they drove down from London yesterday to pick it up. As always I face these moments with trepidation when the buyer sees their painting for the first time, doubly anxious this time as it needed to be liked by two people not one so when I let them into the studio I feared to hear words like "Oh" or "Hmmm..."

Anyway I worried needlessly as they both loved it so I felt emboldened to explain the design and colour choices that I had made as I painted the picture. She had seen my work on the internet and told me the paintings that she liked so we talked on the phone and narrowed down the subject matter and feel that she was looking for. We settled on a theme that I was working on some ten years ago, buskers in deserted city streets and after a couple of pencil roughs I went ahead with the final painting. I equate buskers with painters like myself; they basically show what they can do and then hopefully people will give them money for it... and I am just the same, I paint pictures on spec and then hope that....people will give me money for them.

It is based around a yellow/violet colour complementary, oil on canvas 23 1/2" x 23 1/2".

No comments:

Post a Comment