This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 9 June 2020

Rest Stop - stage 3

The first colour pass on the sky, I would normally like to get the whole pass done in one session but this was not possible due to the area to be covered. Maybe it's just as well as it means I can look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow and see if it's going the way I want it to. The picture is based on a yellow/violet complementary and was conceived with the sky being soft and subtle so that the foreground really stands out. Colours used were: Ultramarine Blue, Ultramarine Violet, Permanent Orange, Warm Light Yellow, Lemon Yellow and Zinc White - all Michael Harding.
As is my current method of working I use transparent colours for the sky and clouds, the only exception here being Warm Light Yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment