This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 29 June 2020

Mail Box - stage 2

A funny day yesterday, I just couldn't envisage in my mind what I was going to do with this picture and felt kind of catatonic so thank God I left it alone and resolved to start it today instead. Always a good idea to leave a painting alone if you don't know what you are doing!
 As usual over my breakfast coffee this morning I began to reconnect with what I wanted to do with "Mail Box" in terms of colour and lighting so I was able to get on with the first colour pass on the sky... except that once I had bashed in some colour I liked the orange against the blue and went with that instead! I was originally going to stick to the colours I used in my last painting....
Plenty of work left on the sky to get it right. The colours I used were: Phthalocyanine Turquoise, Ultramarine Blue, Ultramarine Violet, Permanent Orange, Prussian Blue, Warm Light Yellow and Zinc White - all Michael Harding paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment