This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 13 May 2020

Keeler

Following on from the last picture I decided to do another moonlit landscape, wanting to keep it quite light in tone despite being a night painting. However the final result has produced something quite interesting in that the time of day is now ambiguous which I think gives it a somewhat magical feel and is fine by me and something to explore a bit more methinks...
I am getting into this idea of very ordinary buildings usually out in the boonies juxtaposed with the extraordinary landscapes that they are located in. 
I had come across Keeler in a TV documentary I had just seen about the controversial engineer William Mulholland who had set up the first water supply for Los Angeles from here in Owens Valley in the early 1900s. Keeler is this forgotten small town in the valley near where a lake once was.
The picture is based around a blue/orange complementary, details of the colours I used can be found in earlier posts on this blog.
This is another in my The Big Sky series of which I think I have enough now to show to a few US galleries particularly as I have now uploaded the revamped website.
Oil on linen 20" x 16".
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment