This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Crossing - stage 2

After dithering about how I wanted the sky to look for a couple of days I finally got my act together this morning and decided on a quiet evening sky with elongated clouds as I want this painting to have a peaceful, lonely atmosphere as a counterpoint to the strong composition. I have put the lightest part of the sky away from the railroad crossing as I don't want to over emphasise it against the sky and putting it nearer to the crossing makes it dominate the painting too much because of the contrast of dark against light.
This tonal underpainting stage used the same paint mix as yesterday thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag.

No comments:

Post a Comment