This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 19 March 2020

County Road

This one took longer to finish than usual as I have been a bit distracted by Covid 19 and had things to sort out first before getting back to this. This is the second painting of this location, the first was called "Idalou" as it is near a small town in Texas called Idalou but I was never really happy with it despite it being the subject of an article I wrote for Artists & Illustrators magazine at the time. 
Following on from the previous painting that I was trying to get a feeling of depth and space into I thought that I would like to try it again with a painting of a lonely house in the middle of a featureless landscape and this location would be ideal. At this point I must add that this picture is not some comment on our self isolation amidst the storm of Covid 19, the timing is coincidental but I can see that it could be... I must have been unconsciously channeling the zeitgeist!
It is based around violet with it's complementary yellow popping up occasionally, the violet being varied by going toward the blue or red side of it accordingly. 
There is a step-by-step progress though this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.
Oil on linen 30" x 20".

No comments:

Post a Comment