This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 11 February 2020

Santa Croce

This was originally intended to be another "Vampires Of Venice" painting but I realised that the figure of the vampire that was going to be on the bridge was going to be too small to work with so I decided that it would be nice just to do it as a moody Venice painting. Anybody that has walked the back streets of Venice at night will recognise this kind of scene, quiet and still no lights in the windows and the bridge lit by a single light, looking in fact like all of Venice at night, like a stage set.
I have just realised that it also looks like an old canal in a run down Northern UK town at night, somewhere I would not be walking around at night by myself as opposed to Venice where I feel pretty safe... if it wasn't for these damned Vampires!
Santa Croce is a Sestiere of Venice where this is located.
Oil on linen 16" x 12".
There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment