This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 9 October 2019

The Girl With Her Head In The Clouds

...it should be Woman really but the convention is "Girl" in this phrase.
Still keeping with my general thread of clouds and skies I wanted to do another small figurative painting and this idea has been half-formed in my head for a while so I decided to try it out. I wanted it very limited palette and desaturated with a fairly limited tonal range too so that the figure loses itself a bit into the sky with the hair breaking away to merge into the clouds. I actually made a mistake and used the wrong mixed colour for the sky behind the clouds, I had mixed a desaturated blue but for some reason I steamed ahead with the colour that was supposed to be for the skin tones on the figure. As it happens it may be for the best because the figure would have stood out too much from the background so I guess it worked out for the best!
The title btw is in no way a reference to the mental state of the lovely Ruth that modelled for it!
I might bring this with me to IX later in the month, I will see what I have to choose from of the recent pictures and make a decision then.
16" x 12" oil on linen.
There is s very short progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment