This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 10 October 2019

Mehtap - stage 1

Mehtap is Turkish for Moonlight. This is a small moonlit Orientalist nocturne that I intend to paint in mainly green/blues with some orange/browns as the complementary. I like to return every so often to a moonlit Orientalist picture but I will on my return from IX later this month get back to my Roadside Apocalypse series - it's good to leave it for a while as you often bring something new and different along to add to the mix.
This tonal underpainting stage was first "drawn" up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin in the morning and then when the paint had dried enough by later afternoon I put in the tone with a rag using the same paint mix.
Oil on linen 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment